I have been embracing winter in full force this year, even though it’s not usually a season that I’m friends with. When Quality Street and Baileys are acceptable breakfast items and Michael Buble comes out of hibernation, what’s not to love?
THINGS I AM LOVING THIS WINTER
1. Primark’s £6 ‘Velvet Lined’ Leggings: the word velvet is a bit of a con but these bad boys are lined with soft, fluffy fleece and a fair bit thicker than usual leggings. Plus, they’re super high waisted to contain all the mince pies and don’t leave you with a v attractive camel toe and your knick-nacks on display like cheap leggings usually do
2. Listening to Christmas music first thing in the morning. Nothing perks up a shower like sharing it with Wham!
3. REN’s Atlantic Kelp and Microalgae Anti-Fatigue Body Oil, which has been a total dream slathered over my Komodo Dragon-esque winter skin. Snaps for you if you can convince someone to massage it in for you
4. Covent Garden. Usually visiting tourist hotspots as a local is about as enjoyable as waxing your own vagina (don’t even try it, trust me) and I’ll still NEVER understand anyone who chooses to do their Christmas shopping in Oxford Circus, but CG is so wonderfully festive that I just can’t stay away this year
5. Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge in Uber Beige for adding a bit of colour to my cheeks so I don’t look like I’ve been rolled out of a morgue for the Christmas party
6. Dishoom’s bacon naan rolls and hot chai. Okay, I’m unhealthily obsessed year round but nothing can drag me out of bed on a frosty morning quite like the prospect of breakfast at Dish can
7. Christmas wrapping! I bloody love it. I know most people think I’m a nut job but I genuinely get so excited about picking paper and folding those super neat little corners
8. Baileys Chai Tea. In case you haven’t guessed, I may be partial to the odd bit of Irish Cream Liquor. I tend to restrict its consumption solely to December, at which point it’s okay to just fill a water bottle, right? If you’ve never tried it, mix 1 part Baileys with 3 parts brewed chai tea. You are welcome
9. 7th Heaven Charcoal Peel-Off Mask. In case you didn’t get the memo, come end of October my skin basically shrivels up and gives up on life. I love a good face mask and I love it even more when I don’t even have to pause my Gilmore Girl’s binge to remove it. Is anything as satisfying as a peel off? This one leaves my skin baby soft and comes off in one piece
10. If you can mull it, it’s acceptable to drink it before midday
11. Light up Christmas jumpers! George at ASDA have a brill (and affordable!) range this year and I am proudly sporting this fetching number throughout December
12. Christmas movies. I haven’t found one yet that doesn’t make me cry; The Holiday, Home Alone, Love Actually, and I ball like a baby when Buddy flies over NYC in the big FC’s sleigh in Elf
13. Over the knee boots. It’s the first time I’ve caught onto the trend so forgive me if this is old news but I have been living in this super comfy and not too spenny Stradivarius pair
14. Catching up with old friends. I know we shouldn’t wait until Christmas to suddenly remember we love each other, but it just seems like such a good time of year to make the effort to actually see people’s real life faces, and not just in Instagram-square form