North Sydney Olympic Pool, NSW
Kennett River Koala Walk, Great Ocean Road, VIC
There’s nowhere else quite like the land down under so here’s 15 reasons Australia should be on your travel bucket list. Preferably right at the top of it, actually. I hear you; it’s far from home, it’s expensive and it’s a long old journey to get there.
If this post doesn’t convince you that you need to get saving and planning (here’s how I saved £4K toward my travels purely by cutting spending!) then I’m not sure anything will…
1.You’ll find beaches that rival the Caribbean in Western Australia
Little Beach, Two People’s Bay, WA
2. You can swim at the world’s most iconic ocean pool overlooking Bondi Beach
Sydney Icebergs, Bondi Beach, NSW
3. You’ll get up close and personal with incredible wildlife like kangaroos, koalas, dolphins, stingrays and sea turtles
Hamelin Bay, WA
4. Go on the road trip of a life time along the East Coast
Byron Bay, NSW
5. Stop off in Byron, a laid-back surfers paradise where you’re sure to find some zen
Most Easterly Point of Mainland Australia, Byron Bay, NSW
6. You can hike up in the Blue Mountains and enjoy stunning views
Pulpit Rock Look Out, Blue Mountains, NSW
7. Drive along the world famous Great Ocean Road
12 Apostles, Great Ocean Road, VIC
8. Take a photo in front of Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House, NSW
9. Drink wine in the Barossa Valley
Cellar Door, Barossa Valley, SA
10. You can go scuba diving on the world’s most famous site; the Great Barrier Reef
Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, QLD
11. You’ll find natural marvels like South Australia’s Blue Lake
Blue Lake, Mount Gambier, SA
12. Wake up in paradise in the Whitsundays
13. Explore the lanes in Melbourne
14. Then watch the penguin migration at dusk from St Kilda’s
Photo Credit: Andrea’s Passions
15. You’ll soon be Googling visa requirements…
Lucky Bay, WA
Small Biz Shout Out: RatPack Travel
Whether you’re in the early planning stages of your awesome Australia trip or you’ve already booked the flights and it’s time to nail the nitty gritty stuff, I cannot recommend highly enough that you get in touch with Sammy from RatPack Travel.
He’s the King of Campervans – promising a dreamy discount that will beat any other quote and providing first class personalised support – and he also arranges trips to must see hotspots like the Whitsundays and Fraser Island. If you’re crazy enough to want to jump out of a plane or driving isn’t your thing and you want to hop on a bus tour, he’s got that nailed too.
The reason I keep shouting about him so loudly is because he’s offering a service that the travel industry so desperately needs: a real, normal person who isn’t interested in simply making a quick commission like the rip-off high street agents, but rather tailoring every detail specifically to you. It’s the human to human (and traveller to traveller!) element I so deeply love about RatPack and is why I always choose to use them above anyone else (like for my New Zealand trip which you can read about here!)
Drop Sammy a WhatsApp on +61450381801 to get discussing your upcoming trip, download an epic (free!) travel calendar here, or if you’ve already got flights nailed and you need a rad campervan ready for your roadie then pop in your dates here and he’ll take all the hard work out of your hands.
Pin 15 reasons Australia should be on your travel bucket list for later!