We’re SO happy you’re thinking of joining Beth’s Book Club! We believe it’s the first of its kind; offering members SO much more than just a monthly title or a quick chat.
So what makes us different?
As a subscription-based members club, we offer readers a whole host of exciting things to get involved in every month. Alongside the two monthly titles we read from a diverse genre of books, the two ultra-engaged monthly discussions and the positively glowing members group full of fantastic, passionate readers ready to chat, recommend and laugh at funny gifs with you, we’ve also got a freaking awesome JAM-PACKED Members Hub.
This is exactly what’s included in your membership:
The benefits of membership are:
- Two monthly book title prompts to get involved in (with regular votes and a ‘nominate a book’ feature too! Members source own books)
- Two ultra-engaged monthly ‘meetings’ to discuss what we’ve read
- Access to a freaking awesome Facebook community to connect with likeminded readers, swap recommendations and make friends
- A virtual events calendar jam-packed with awesome things including exclusive live author Q&A’s, workshops, online socials (think quizzes, pizza and wine nights…) and ultra-fun activities like our Great Bookish Bake Off to keep you entertained
- An exclusive fortnightly newsletter bursting with news, reviews and content you won’t find elsewhere but your inbox!
- When permitted: epic subsidised in-person events: from our glorious Christmas party to picnics in the park and live author events (note: we are also working on ensuring these are not just London-centric!)
PLUS! Access to an online members only area including
- Beth’s Book Recycling: a book swap just for members to recycle reads
- Exclusive blog posts that you won’t find anywhere else
- A small business directory: exclusive discounts just for Book Club members from some great indie brands
- Archives of all live Q&As, masterclasses and applicable events
- Summary sheets of each chat including the questions and an overview of the discussion for those unable to take part live
- Opportunity to take part in raffles, giveaways and random act of kindness nominations (we giveaway a LOT of books!)
- Opportunity to nominate and vote on a charity partner per quarter
We are a subscription-funded Book Club, not a book subscription box. Members are responsible for sourcing their own copies of the monthly titles we read (both of which are always optional!). We work hard to ensure that books are available worldwide, in both paperback and kindle and at an accessible price point (so no new releases!). We also encourage members to utilise our Book Recycling Scheme to share reads.
So, what’s my investment?
You’ll have access to all of the above (plus any new features we introduce!) for just £5.99 a month. The cost of a fancy Starbucks! It’s rolling, so you’re not tied in, though we’re sure you’ll LOVE it.
Sounds amazing! Can I pay annually?
Yep! Annual members can subscribe for £60 a year – that’s TWO months FREE. Wooooo!
- I’m not from the UK, can I join? Of course! The Book Club remains as international as ever. In fact, we’ll be publishing our handy chat summaries and live video recordings with you especially in mind.
- What payment methods do you accept? You can pay via Paypal or via Stripe; both are incredibly secure and accept all major debit and credit cards.
- Can I cancel any time? Yep! We hope you’ll love us so much you never want to leave but if you do, you can cancel your monthly membership at any time. You’ll retain access until the next billing date. Annual memberships are just that – annual. Annual memberships are non-refundable.
- Do I buy my own books? Yes. To be very clear, we do not provide the monthly titles in physical or e-book form. These are the chosen books that the club is reading together. This is a book club, not a physical book subscription. Members are responsible for sourcing their own copy. See above for more info.
- Can I buy someone a membership as a gift? You sure can! We’ve got 3, 6 and 12 month gift packages that include a physical gift too. Check it out here.
- Can I be a part of the club if I don’t want to subscribe? You can follow us on Instagram, see what we’re reading and read a long too! You just won’t have access to all the other super awesome features.
- My question isn’t answered. Sorry about that! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you.